News & Information
Certification of Tax Roll
Frequently Asked Questions
Where's My Property
Taxes & Exemptions
View Your Trim Notice
Report Exemption Fraud
Forms & Downloads
Fiscal Year 2016 - 2017 Budget
Important Reminder To All Homestead Property Owners in Hernando County Who Have Their Mail Forwarded Temporarily.
If you have a Homestead Property in Hernando County and you have requested that your mail be forwarded to a different address temporarily, (i.e., vacation, visiting family, medical issue, employment, military deployment, etc.), you must notify the Post Office when you return.
Save Hundreds of $$Dollars$$! Apply By March 1, 2018 for Your Exemptions.
The Property Appraiser’s Office is taking Homestead and Low Income Senior (for persons age 65 and older who meet specific financial criteria) applications. Don’t wait until the last minute to qualify for these valuable tax benefits.
* Residents who bought a home in Hernando County during 2017 are reminded that applications for Homestead Exemption must be submitted to the Property Appraiser’s Office by March 1.
* To qualify for the Homestead Exemption and the accompanying “Save Our Homes” Assessment Cap, the home must be the primary and permanent residence.
* If you have moved into the County and had a previous Homestead or are transferring from one home to another, you may qualify for Portability.
* Seniors (at least one owner must be age 65 or older prior to January 1) with a Total Household Adjusted Gross Income that does not exceed $28,841 who did not apply for the Low Income Senior Exemption last year, must submit an application by March 1.
* If you received the Low Income Senior Exemption for 2017, you do not need to file an application for 2018.
* An important reminder: If you have a Homestead property in Hernando County and have requested your mail be forwarded to a different address temporarily (i.e., vacation, visiting family, medical issue, employment, military deployment, etc.), you must notify the Post Office when you return.
To see more information on exemptions, please see our
- Assessment Date for all Real and Tangible Property
- Mailing of Commercial Income and Expense Questionnaires
January 1 through March 1
- Normal filing time for the current Tax Year for Homestead and other exemptions as well as Low Income Senior exemptions, and Portability
- Deadline to file annual exemption applications (Homestead and Low Income Senior)and Agricultural Classification (“Greenbelt”) for the current Tax Year
March 2 through December 31
- Prefiling for the next Tax Year for Homestead and other exemptions as well as Low Income Senior exemptions, and Portability
Friday Before April 1
- Deadline for filing for a Tangible Personal Property extension
- Deadline for filing Tangible Personal Property Return without penalty and to qualify for the $25,000 Tangible Personal Property Exemption
- Deadline for filing Tangible Personal Property Tax forms with an extension
- Deadline for submitting Commercial Income and Expense Questionnaires
- Deadline for all documentation used to verify Total Household Adjusted Gross Income to qualify for the Low Income Senior
- Notice of Proposed Taxes (TRIM Notice) is mailed
- File Petitions with the Value Adjustment Board by the date highlighted at the bottom of the Notice of Proposed Taxes (TRIM Notice)
- Value Adjustment Board hearings scheduled
- Tax Bills are mailed by the Tax Collector
Need a guest presenter for your next organization meeting?
Our office can provide presentations to inform your members about filing for Homestead and Other Exemptions, how we determine appraisal values in the county or how to use our website and GIS services.
Please email our office at
to schedule a date and time.
© Copyright 2011 Hernando County Property Appraiser's Office
20 North Main Street, Room 463, Brooksville, Fl 34601-2893
Phone (352) 754-4190
Fax (352) 754-4198
© 2011 Hernando County Property Appraisers Site Designed & Maintained by Hernando County Central GIS Department